Why won't Outlook.com accept pop.bizmail.yahoo.com?

Anonymous
2012-12-07T23:47:54+00:00

I'm new to Outlook.com, but I've used Outlook 2010 for years without any problem to access my Yahoo Business Mail account (******@markoneill.com) which is part of my Yahoo web hosted site, markoneill.com.  But the same settings for POP3 mail don't work in Outlook.com.  Outlook.com can't access pop.bizmail.yahoo.com as my POP3 server.  Is there a work-around for this problem?  Thank you.

Mark

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-23T14:08:44+00:00

    Hi tsherfy, and Mark,

    I understand your frustration about being unable to add your Yahoo account as a POP account in Outlook.com.

    Please be informed that Outlook.com provides the recommended settings. If you're prompted to verify the settings, or if Outlook.com can't connect to the other mail server, you might need to contact your email provider to verify that the POP settings are correct. This is as mentioned in the article that my colleague, Mark_M., has provided in his post. You may check it for more information by going to the link provided below:

    Send and receive email from other accounts in Outlook.com

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-27T07:39:20+00:00

    Blah ~ Outlook.com does Rock. I think EVERY - - -  POP.BIZMAIL.YAHOO.COM   customer is having this problem. Let's hope it get's resolved, because Outlook.com is (will) be seamless with integration of Cloud/Phone/DesktopOutlook/.... We really need Yahoo Plus Biz Accounts to get the settings for us. I think the big problem is that Outlook.com is working of "Exchange" and that seems to pose a problem for the Bizmail. Probly Exactly, because the "business" account is "tied to" the "personal yahoo account". IDK. My Time Warner Roadrunner account sync'ed perfectly; probably due to the fact that it is a stand alone account - Unlike our Biz Accounts linked to our primary Yahoo! Account. B L A H.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-27T07:40:35+00:00

    Blah ~ Outlook.com does Rock. I think EVERY - - - POP.BIZMAIL.YAHOO.COM customer is having this problem. Let's hope it get's resolved, because Outlook.com is (will) be seamless with integration of Cloud/Phone/DesktopOutlook/.... We really need Yahoo Plus Biz Accounts to get the settings for us. I think the big problem is that Outlook.com is working of "Exchange" and that seems to pose a problem for the Bizmail. Probly Exactly, because the "business" account is "tied to" the "personal yahoo account". IDK. My Time Warner Roadrunner account sync'ed perfectly; probably due to the fact that it is a stand alone account - Unlike our Biz Accounts linked to our primary Yahoo! Account. B L A H.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-27T07:42:27+00:00

    Blah ~ Outlook.com does Rock. I think EVERY - - - POP.BIZMAIL.YAHOO.COM customer is having this problem. Let's hope it get's resolved, because Outlook.com is (will) be seamless with integration of Cloud/Phone/DesktopOutlook/.... We really need Yahoo Plus Biz Accounts to get the settings for us. I think the big problem is that Outlook.com is working of "Exchange" and that seems to pose a problem for the Bizmail. Probly Exactly, because the "business" account is "tied to" the "personal yahoo account". IDK. My Time Warner Roadrunner account sync'ed perfectly; probably due to the fact that it is a stand alone account - Unlike our Biz Accounts linked to our primary Yahoo! Account. B L A H.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-27T13:58:10+00:00

    Well, I've been getting e-mails in my desktop inbox for many months since I asked this question and never got a satisfactory reply. So I thought I'd try to set up my yahoo bizmail account one last time today to see if m-soft had done anything to improve their outlook.com interaction with yahoo bizmail. It still didn't work, which didn't surprise me. But I thought that while I was in the new account setup portion of the outlook.com web site that I'd try a couple of different pop and imap settings to see if anything would work. The imap.mail.yahoo.com didn't work at all, and the normal pop.bizmail.yahoo.com still doesn't work at all. But just for the **** of it, I replaced the imap with pop in the incoming mail server, and guess what? It worked like a charm!

    Use pop.mail.yahoo.com instead of pop.bizmail.yahoo.com in the incoming server box, with port 995 and ssl enabled.

    Use smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com as the outgoing server with port 465 and ssl enabled, and the box checked for use same user name and password to send and receive mail.

    Problem solved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments