Why won't Outlook.com accept pop.bizmail.yahoo.com?

Anonymous
2012-12-07T23:47:54+00:00

I'm new to Outlook.com, but I've used Outlook 2010 for years without any problem to access my Yahoo Business Mail account (******@markoneill.com) which is part of my Yahoo web hosted site, markoneill.com.  But the same settings for POP3 mail don't work in Outlook.com.  Outlook.com can't access pop.bizmail.yahoo.com as my POP3 server.  Is there a work-around for this problem?  Thank you.

Mark

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T17:49:04+00:00

    Hey guys.. i have had some sketchy success with this issue.. maybe just a workaround but i might be on to something.. in bizmail.. when all the company email addresses are created, they do not have a yahoo id attached with them.. yahoo won't let you login with those credentials online to check your email.. you have to go thru a third party program.. outlook express, live, etc..  but it seems the new outlook is different, i believe it is logging in differently than the previous programs as far as yahoo is concerned.. so what i have done to get it to work is create a yahoo id.. mail account, then add your biz email in there for it to check.. confirm it.. check it.. etc.. now go back into outlook and do the same thing as before.. use ssl checked and port 995 and ive got it to work on two accounts.. oddities though, if once its on outlook and i try to edit that email acct, it fails on pw and user as usual, but it is still checking email... every thirty minutes.. ugggg..

    hope this helps,

    Brian

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T22:25:53+00:00

    update.. tried to replicate this process again and struck out on third email address.. not fun

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-28T07:44:26+00:00

    Hello,

    I apologize for the late reply and for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. I have sent you a private message. Please read it and provide us with the needed information.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-13T02:14:29+00:00

    What is the resolution to this? I am having the same issue. There is obviously something amiss in Outlook.com because popping Yahoo mail works in every other service I've tried. Forwarding is "off" in Yahoo mail and I am a plus customer. I'd love to switch to Outlook.com if you can fix this. Otherwise I may as well go to gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-04-13T03:22:17+00:00

    With no real help to overcome this simple problem, I gave up on Outlook.com months ago.  This is a sad example of Microsoft support or lack thereof.  Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments