Why won't Outlook.com accept pop.bizmail.yahoo.com?

Anonymous
2012-12-07T23:47:54+00:00

I'm new to Outlook.com, but I've used Outlook 2010 for years without any problem to access my Yahoo Business Mail account (******@markoneill.com) which is part of my Yahoo web hosted site, markoneill.com.  But the same settings for POP3 mail don't work in Outlook.com.  Outlook.com can't access pop.bizmail.yahoo.com as my POP3 server.  Is there a work-around for this problem?  Thank you.

Mark

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-07T21:09:56+00:00

    Hi, Helene:  I have Yahoo's Premier Web Hosting Plan which comes with their Business E-Mail, which is step up from their old Mail Plus account.  Here's a link to their plans with mine in the third column:  http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/compare-plans

    I have no problem accessing my e-mail using POP3 with Outlook 2010 or Windows 8 Mail.  I also have no problem accessing my e-mail using my iPhone.  But something doesn't work in Outlook.com for Yahoo Business E-Mail, which uses the POP3 server pop.bizmail.yahoo.com .

    Thank you.

    Mark

    Hi Mark,

    I was just wondering if you ever found resolution to this problem.  I too am experiencing the same issue and cannot seem to find anyone who understands how to fix this problem.  Thank you in advance for any information you are able to provide.

    Kindest regards,

    Nicole

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-11T17:00:28+00:00

    Hello,

    Please make sure you have the correct settings. Please follow this link on how to enable POP3 services for your other email account.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-09T16:19:00+00:00

    Hi, Helene:  I have Yahoo's Premier Web Hosting Plan which comes with their Business E-Mail, which is step up from their old Mail Plus account.  Here's a link to their plans with mine in the third column:  http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/compare-plans

    I have no problem accessing my e-mail using POP3 with Outlook 2010 or Windows 8 Mail.  I also have no problem accessing my e-mail using my iPhone.  But something doesn't work in Outlook.com for Yahoo Business E-Mail, which uses the POP3 server pop.bizmail.yahoo.com .

    Thank you.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-09T14:10:01+00:00

    Hi Mark,

    This issue might be caused by your configuration settings or by your account itself. Since you've mentioned that you double checked the settings, please confirm that you have a paid Yahoo! Mail Plus account. You can only add Yahoo! Mail Plus as a POP3 account.

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-08T12:25:11+00:00

    Outlook.com doesn't require SMTP setup for third-party mail accounts, only POP3 setup for incoming mail. 

    I've checked and re-entered the user name and password and pop.bizmail.yahoo.com entries multiple times.

    I've also tried both port numbers and with and without SSL.

    Nothing works to allow Outlook.com to connect to my Yahoo business e-mail account.

    I have no problems in getting my mail from the Yahoo business e-mail account with the same settings in other e-mail clients (e.g., Outlook 2010 and the Windows 8 standard client).

    I don't need to retrieve my Hotmail or Live Mail or Windows Mail e-mail in another client.  I'm just trying to retrieve my Yahoo business e-mail in Outlook.com.

    I set up my personal Verizon FIOS e-mail account in Outlook.com without any problems at all.  It's just the Yahoo business e-mail account that Outlook.com won't accept.

    Thank you.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments