Why won't Outlook.com accept pop.bizmail.yahoo.com?

Anonymous
2012-12-07T23:47:54+00:00

I'm new to Outlook.com, but I've used Outlook 2010 for years without any problem to access my Yahoo Business Mail account (******@markoneill.com) which is part of my Yahoo web hosted site, markoneill.com.  But the same settings for POP3 mail don't work in Outlook.com.  Outlook.com can't access pop.bizmail.yahoo.com as my POP3 server.  Is there a work-around for this problem?  Thank you.

Mark

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-24T16:05:04+00:00

    HI, Nicole:  No, I never got a reply that provided any real help.  It's not my settings or Yahoo's problem.  So I gave up on Outlook.com.

    Has anybody else ever had any success in getting Outlook.com to work with Yahoo business e-mail (pop.bizmail.yahoo.com)?  I have no problems at all accessing my Yahoo business e-mail with e-mail clients (e.g., Outlook 2010) on computers or iPhones...

    Thank you.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-24T14:24:59+00:00

    Is there a requirement to purchase some sort of premium Outlook.com account in order to connect to Yahoo bizmail?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-24T00:19:38+00:00

    Hi Norman,

    Please check out this article for more information on how to add other email accounts in Outlook.com.

    Let us know if you still cannot add your other email address in Outlook.com.

    Best regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-21T20:32:09+00:00

    Hi, Helene:  I have Yahoo's Premier Web Hosting Plan which comes with their Business E-Mail, which is step up from their old Mail Plus account.  Here's a link to their plans with mine in the third column:  http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/compare-plans

    I have no problem accessing my e-mail using POP3 with Outlook 2010 or Windows 8 Mail.  I also have no problem accessing my e-mail using my iPhone.  But something doesn't work in Outlook.com for Yahoo Business E-Mail, which uses the POP3 server pop.bizmail.yahoo.com .

    Thank you.

    Mark

    Hi Mark,

     

    I was just wondering if you ever found resolution to this problem.  I too am experiencing the same issue and cannot seem to find anyone who understands how to fix this problem.  Thank you in advance for any information you are able to provide.

     

    Kindest regards,

     

    Nicole

    Hi Mark,

    I too was wondering if you ever found resolution to this problem as I am experiencing the same issue and cannot seem to find anyone who understands how to fix this problem.  Thank you in advance for any information you are able to provide.

    Kindest regards,

    Norman

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-11T14:05:05+00:00

    Hi,

    Since you did not encounter any issue using POP3 account in Outlook.

    Please contact the yahoo support team regarding this issue, they are in the best position to resolve this issue.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments