Why won't Outlook.com accept pop.bizmail.yahoo.com?

Anonymous
2012-12-07T23:47:54+00:00

I'm new to Outlook.com, but I've used Outlook 2010 for years without any problem to access my Yahoo Business Mail account (******@markoneill.com) which is part of my Yahoo web hosted site, markoneill.com.  But the same settings for POP3 mail don't work in Outlook.com.  Outlook.com can't access pop.bizmail.yahoo.com as my POP3 server.  Is there a work-around for this problem?  Thank you.

Mark

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-13T15:09:03+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    We apologize for not being able to reply to your posts in a timely manner.

    We need additional details regarding your issue. Please provide a screenshot of the exact error message that you have encountered when setting up your POP account in Outlook.com, if you have any. I have initiated a Private Message tab for each of you. You may also include your Outlook.com account and the POP account there for us to check the status of your Microsoft account on our end.

    In order to get a screen cap, please follow the instructions on the links provided below:

    Note: You need to sign in to this website and click You have a private reply to this message… link just above your post to view the message or Private Messages across All Replies in order to see the tab.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-09T20:11:01+00:00

    You did a lot better than I did!  I could never get a single Yahoo bizmail account to work in Outlook.com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-09T19:08:02+00:00

    This is infuriating.  I have four email accounts at yahoo small business. Myself and three others. When I went to outlook.com to set mine up it worked just fine. Took the standard pop.bizmail.yahoo.com server address, etc.  When I went to do the next one, even on the same computer, it would not login to the pop3 server. Out of the four accounts I have only been able to set my own up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-01-24T19:50:04+00:00

    Mark, thanks for getting back to me.  I think I will try one last time by contacting Yahoo as I have their Mail Plus email account.  If that does not work, I too will give up.  Too bad.  I liked using Outlook.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-01-24T16:07:40+00:00

    I finally gave up on trying to get Outlook.com to work with Yahoo business e-mail (bizmail).  I don't think Microsoft likes Yahoo any more than it likes Google and Apple...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments