Why won't Outlook.com accept pop.bizmail.yahoo.com?

Anonymous
2012-12-07T23:47:54+00:00

I'm new to Outlook.com, but I've used Outlook 2010 for years without any problem to access my Yahoo Business Mail account (******@markoneill.com) which is part of my Yahoo web hosted site, markoneill.com.  But the same settings for POP3 mail don't work in Outlook.com.  Outlook.com can't access pop.bizmail.yahoo.com as my POP3 server.  Is there a work-around for this problem?  Thank you.

Mark

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-23T14:08:44+00:00

    Hi tsherfy, and Mark,

    I understand your frustration about being unable to add your Yahoo account as a POP account in Outlook.com.

    Please be informed that Outlook.com provides the recommended settings. If you're prompted to verify the settings, or if Outlook.com can't connect to the other mail server, you might need to contact your email provider to verify that the POP settings are correct. This is as mentioned in the article that my colleague, Mark_M., has provided in his post. You may check it for more information by going to the link provided below:

    Send and receive email from other accounts in Outlook.com

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-13T03:22:17+00:00

    With no real help to overcome this simple problem, I gave up on Outlook.com months ago.  This is a sad example of Microsoft support or lack thereof.  Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-13T02:14:29+00:00

    What is the resolution to this? I am having the same issue. There is obviously something amiss in Outlook.com because popping Yahoo mail works in every other service I've tried. Forwarding is "off" in Yahoo mail and I am a plus customer. I'd love to switch to Outlook.com if you can fix this. Otherwise I may as well go to gmail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-03-28T07:44:26+00:00

    Hello,

    I apologize for the late reply and for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. I have sent you a private message. Please read it and provide us with the needed information.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T22:25:53+00:00

    update.. tried to replicate this process again and struck out on third email address.. not fun

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments