Why won't Outlook.com accept pop.bizmail.yahoo.com?

Anonymous
2012-12-07T23:47:54+00:00

I'm new to Outlook.com, but I've used Outlook 2010 for years without any problem to access my Yahoo Business Mail account (******@markoneill.com) which is part of my Yahoo web hosted site, markoneill.com.  But the same settings for POP3 mail don't work in Outlook.com.  Outlook.com can't access pop.bizmail.yahoo.com as my POP3 server.  Is there a work-around for this problem?  Thank you.

Mark

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-02-23T18:05:27+00:00

    I'd recommend checking the default server name on the Outlook set-up screen.  I compared my set-up on MacMail and found I needed to add another word to the server name.

    Default: pop.mail.yahoo.com

    Correct: plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-17T02:03:01+00:00

    Hello,

    I have sent you a private message. Please read it.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-16T06:57:55+00:00

    Hello Kenny Willis,

    I created a private message wherein you can provide us the screenshot. Please sign in to view and to respond to my private message.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-15T11:16:15+00:00

    Hello everyone,

     

    We apologize for not being able to reply to your posts in a timely manner.

     

    We need additional details regarding your issue. Please provide a screenshot of the exact error message that you have encountered when setting up your POP account in Outlook.com, if you have any. I have initiated a Private Message tab for each of you. You may also include your Outlook.com account and the POP account there for us to check the status of your Microsoft account on our end.

     

    In order to get a screen cap, please follow the instructions on the links provided below:

    Note: You need to sign in to this website and click You have a private reply to this message… link just above your post to view the message or Private Messages across All Replies in order to see the tab.

     

    Thanks!

    I too am having this trouble. I was THIS close to switching from Yahoo Small Business to Outlook, but can't do so because of this problem. I have a screenshot for you. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-13T15:09:03+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    We apologize for not being able to reply to your posts in a timely manner.

    We need additional details regarding your issue. Please provide a screenshot of the exact error message that you have encountered when setting up your POP account in Outlook.com, if you have any. I have initiated a Private Message tab for each of you. You may also include your Outlook.com account and the POP account there for us to check the status of your Microsoft account on our end.

    In order to get a screen cap, please follow the instructions on the links provided below:

    Note: You need to sign in to this website and click You have a private reply to this message… link just above your post to view the message or Private Messages across All Replies in order to see the tab.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments