Why can't I change my profile picture on Outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-03-30T03:14:51+00:00

I noticed that my emails have a very old profile picture from back when I still used MSN messenger. However, whenever I click to change my profile pic in Outlook, it tells me I don't have a profile picture (and gives me the option of changing it). Even when I change it, my emails still have the old profile picture. Is there a way to change or remove the current profile picture?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T03:30:41+00:00

Huh, that's strange... You're absolutely sure it's not attached to anything? You MIGHT be able to find something under the Outlook settings (that cog on the top right), clicking More Mail Settings..., and hunting around there for a solution. 

Just to be sure there's no accounts or anything attached (I'm clinging to this since it's the only thing I know), you should take a quick look at the Content from third-party networks section, and toy with the settings there. More specifically, the 'Showing Public Content' area. Clicking Don't Show also helped me out.

You never know, it could help you. If you've already tried it, then.. yeah, I've got nothin.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T19:46:56+00:00

    Hi MK-Sydney,

    I have provided a response to your post in the Private Message tab. Please sign into this website to be able to read it.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T01:35:32+00:00

    Hi MK-Sydney,

    Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community. I understand that your profile picture is showing your old Picasa photo album. Let me help you with that.

    Did you already tried to change your profile picture in your Profile page? If not, kindly follow the steps below:

    1. Login to your Profile page in this link: https://profile.live.com.
    2. Click Change picture right below of your profile picture.
    3. Click Browse button and select the picture you want to be your profile picture.
    4. Click Save.

    If the issue still persists and your old Picasa photo album still showing to your outgoing emails, kindly provide us the screen shot showing your Profile page and your outgoing email showing your old Picasa photo album. Please follow the steps that RoseKatrina_H provided in her post and upload the screen shot that I've created for security purposes. You need to click the notification that states “You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages section."

    Note: You need to be signed in to the Microsoft Community forum to view the link. Kindly notify us here when the needed information has been provided in the private message area.

    We look forward for your response.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-20T00:10:34+00:00

    Hello everyone,

     

    I apologize for the delayed response. We would like to verify if the issue with regard to not being to change your profile picture still persists. If so, we need to gather additional information about it for further investigation:

     

    1. The affected email account

     

    1. Your permission to access the account

     

    Click here for the guidelines before you give us your permission.

     

    1. Screenshot of the following:

     

    A. Associated third party accounts

     

    Here are the steps on how to view it:

    1. Sign into your account at https://account.live.com
    2. Click Permissions
    3. Select Manage accounts

     

    B. **** Sample email with sender’s picture

     

    C. Profile picture

     

    You can get a screenshot by following the instructions on the links provided below:

    Note: Kindly inform us once you have the requested information so that we can open a Private Message tab for you.

     

    Thank you.

    I have exactly the same issue, but unlike others I do NOT have a Facebook or Hotmail or any social media account. I have used Google Picasa and the picture that outlook uses is from an old Picasa photo album. I think this a serious breach of conduct and I consider an ACCC complaint against Microsoft if the issue is not resolved soon. I have no accounts linked in my Microsoft live or in my Microsoft 365. If you provide me with an email address I am very happy to provide you with screenshots of these two login pages.

    This is requires urgent rectification.

    Kind regards,

    MK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-02T20:17:50+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    I apologize for the delayed response. We would like to verify if the issue with regard to not being to change your profile picture still persists. If so, we need to gather additional information about it for further investigation:

    1. The affected email account
    2. Your permission to access the account

    Click here for the guidelines before you give us your permission.

    1. Screenshot of the following:

    A. Associated third party accounts

    Here are the steps on how to view it:

    1. Sign into your account at https://account.live.com
    2. Click Permissions
    3. Select Manage accounts

    B.****Sample email with sender’s picture

    C. Profile picture

    You can get a screenshot by following the instructions on the links provided below:

    Note: Kindly inform us once you have the requested information so that we can open a Private Message tab for you.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments