Why can't I change my profile picture on Outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-03-30T03:14:51+00:00

I noticed that my emails have a very old profile picture from back when I still used MSN messenger. However, whenever I click to change my profile pic in Outlook, it tells me I don't have a profile picture (and gives me the option of changing it). Even when I change it, my emails still have the old profile picture. Is there a way to change or remove the current profile picture?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T03:30:41+00:00

Huh, that's strange... You're absolutely sure it's not attached to anything? You MIGHT be able to find something under the Outlook settings (that cog on the top right), clicking More Mail Settings..., and hunting around there for a solution. 

Just to be sure there's no accounts or anything attached (I'm clinging to this since it's the only thing I know), you should take a quick look at the Content from third-party networks section, and toy with the settings there. More specifically, the 'Showing Public Content' area. Clicking Don't Show also helped me out.

You never know, it could help you. If you've already tried it, then.. yeah, I've got nothin.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-09T15:56:57+00:00

    Well, at least he is smiling!   Your comment tickled me!   But I am sorry!

    I can't even upload a new photo (1st photo) to my account.   It just does the stupid Wins 8 circling dots for awhile and then says "try again later" in red.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-09T14:41:29+00:00

    That didn't work for me either.  It said that I do not have any linked accounts.  Please help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-08T19:03:08+00:00

    You're lucky. Thats not my issue. When I do a new email I get a wonderful smiling mugshot of my exhusband. I have changed my profile picture but when I go to compose a new mail I still get his picture. The picture isn't on anything and my email account isn't syncd with facebook or anything else grrr.

    After waiting 48 hours my profile picture sorted itself out. Thank goodness for that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-08T18:16:30+00:00

    I have the exact same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments