Why can't I change my profile picture on Outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-03-30T03:14:51+00:00

I noticed that my emails have a very old profile picture from back when I still used MSN messenger. However, whenever I click to change my profile pic in Outlook, it tells me I don't have a profile picture (and gives me the option of changing it). Even when I change it, my emails still have the old profile picture. Is there a way to change or remove the current profile picture?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T03:30:41+00:00

Huh, that's strange... You're absolutely sure it's not attached to anything? You MIGHT be able to find something under the Outlook settings (that cog on the top right), clicking More Mail Settings..., and hunting around there for a solution. 

Just to be sure there's no accounts or anything attached (I'm clinging to this since it's the only thing I know), you should take a quick look at the Content from third-party networks section, and toy with the settings there. More specifically, the 'Showing Public Content' area. Clicking Don't Show also helped me out.

You never know, it could help you. If you've already tried it, then.. yeah, I've got nothin.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-13T15:52:48+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

     

    Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community forum. I'd be glad to assist you on how to remove your profile picture in your account.

     

    AlexStoj suggestion is actually correct. If your account was linked to Facebook, Twitter or other social networking sites, your profile picture in that social networking site is also sync in your Outlook.com account. By removing the link accounts, it will surely remove the profile picture in your account.

     

    Please follow the steps below on how to remove the link accounts:

    1. Sign in to Outlook.com.
    2. Click the cog icon at the upper right and select More mail settings.
    3. Under "Managing your account," click Account details.
    4. At the left pane under "Microsoft Account," click Permissions.
    5. Under "Permissions", click Manage your accounts.
    6. Under "Accounts that you can access," you can now see all the linked accounts. Click the Edit button under the linked account.
    7. In the next page, click the Remove the connection completely.

     

    If the above steps didn't help you out, feel free to reply back and we are happy to further assist you.

     

    Thank you.

    My Hotmail was never linked to my Facebook account. This is another choiceless part of being forced

    to Outlook.com. Just like not being able to send e-mails to folders set up in "My Documents". I was

    able to do that with Hotmail, but if you try it with Outlook.com it sends the whole web page instead

    of just the e-mail you want to save. I realize you are just a regular person moderating this forum and

    are in no way affiliated with Microsoft. However, A lot of people sending in questions and problems

    think they are getting replies from actual Microsoft techs. They do not realize the replies they get

    are at best just suggestions from so called computer geeks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-11T14:31:41+00:00

    Hi everybody,

    We recommend that you clear your browser's cache and temporary internet files to make sure that they are not causing your issue.

    Please clear your browser's cookies by following the instructions on the link below:

    **How to optimize Internet Explorer browser**

    If the issue still persists after clearing browser cache, please use a different browser and different computers for isolation purposes.

    Please let us know the result and feel free to post for any clarification.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-09T16:33:05+00:00

    what with problem ? email didnot open that sendingmail cant   pls help me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-09T16:04:24+00:00

    Eugene,

    I have never been linked to any other service, not even when I was in Hotmail.   This the first time I have tried to upload a pic. and it just doesn't take it. All it suggests is "try again later"   Do you have a fix for my situation?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments