Why can't I change my profile picture on Outlook.com?

Anonymous
2013-03-30T03:14:51+00:00

I noticed that my emails have a very old profile picture from back when I still used MSN messenger. However, whenever I click to change my profile pic in Outlook, it tells me I don't have a profile picture (and gives me the option of changing it). Even when I change it, my emails still have the old profile picture. Is there a way to change or remove the current profile picture?

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-01T03:30:41+00:00

Huh, that's strange... You're absolutely sure it's not attached to anything? You MIGHT be able to find something under the Outlook settings (that cog on the top right), clicking More Mail Settings..., and hunting around there for a solution. 

Just to be sure there's no accounts or anything attached (I'm clinging to this since it's the only thing I know), you should take a quick look at the Content from third-party networks section, and toy with the settings there. More specifically, the 'Showing Public Content' area. Clicking Don't Show also helped me out.

You never know, it could help you. If you've already tried it, then.. yeah, I've got nothin.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-22T20:35:24+00:00

    This sounded like the perfect easy fix, and I hope it is, for other people out there.

    When I got to "connect to social networks," it showed I wasn't connected to any.  I don't want to add FB, don't want any more connection to it than I already have. 

    Thanks for your idea!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-22T20:01:47+00:00

    Under the options tab on the left side after calendar is a  "people" option (I had some difficulty in scrolling down and selecting this option within outlook.com).  When I clicked that option is an option that reads "connect to social networks".  You may want to see if something has been populated there.  I hopes it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-22T19:54:17+00:00

    I tried your  instructions.

    1.  do you mean the cog that's on IE, not FB?
    2. I don't have a choice "More mail settings"
    3. My annoying disgusting photo on Outlook stays the same, no matter what I do with the FB photo
    4.  I am only interested in changing my own photo in Outlook.  I don't know who sees it.

    Can you help with this?

    I use a Surface Pro 3 running Win 8.1

    Thanks!

    I believe the cog being referred is the one that appears in outlook.com.  I was able to successfully terminate the link to the picture but I am not locating the all of the items on outlook.com referenced in Indy's response to my query.  I am using Microsoft Edge as the browser and Windows 10 now.  It's possible that something has changed in outlook.com or elsewhere.  I am sorry that I can't assist further but if I do encounter something, I'll let you know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-22T19:16:22+00:00

    I tried your  instructions.

    1.  do you mean the cog that's on IE, not FB?
    2. I don't have a choice "More mail settings"
    3. My annoying disgusting photo on Outlook stays the same, no matter what I do with the FB photo
    4.  I am only interested in changing my own photo in Outlook.  I don't know who sees it.

    Can you help with this?

    I use a Surface Pro 3 running Win 8.1

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments