Teams displays wrong email account after I have logged in.

Anonymous
2021-06-08T11:43:17+00:00

When I sign in to use Teams, I use an account named "******@mydomain.com". I use the Microsoft Authenticator to authenticate my identity. The login usually succeeds. I am using the Linux version of Teams. I am not accessing Teams in a browser.

After logging in to Teams, my account is displayed using a different email address, "******@somedomain.com". I do not know from where this other account comes, but I definitely want to remove all reference to it. How do I get rid of that erroneous reference to that account???

I should mention, too, that when someone invites me to a Teams meeting using "******@mydomain.com", the URL I receive never leads me to enter the meeting. I can log in to Teams using that URL, but I never see the meeting to which I have been invited.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Sign up and Sign in | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:26:53+00:00

    You ask "Is your domain belong to any business Organization or personal domain? Certain domains are not allowed to register for MS Teams for personal."

    When you say "your domain" are you referring to the domain of my email address, amblyomoron1? If so, it belongs to me. If you are referring, instead, to some domain as defined for Microsoft, then I do not know how to answer your question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:20:30+00:00

    I signed in using my phone number (always within a Chrome incognito window).

    I select Personal account when asked if I want Work/School or Personal.

    I then see a screen as follows:

    Microsoft

    amblyomoron2 Sign in You're already signed in.<my phone number>

    Remain signed in with this account.Sign out and sign in with a different account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:09:34+00:00

    Is your domain belong to any business Organization or personal domain? Certain domains are not allowed to register for MS Teams for personal.

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:07:15+00:00

    <continuation>

    So, I type in amblyomoron1 to replace the amblyomoron2 that was proposed as a default.

    • Next, I am asked to sign in again. The only difference with the previous sign in requests is that at the bottom it says:

    We found an account you can use here:

    <My name>

    amblyomoron1

    Signed in

    • I click on that bit at the bottom and am now asked if I want to use the Work/School account or the Personal account
    • I select Personal account
    • After a few seconds and a temporary clearing of the screen, I am once again asked if I want to use the Work/School account or the Personal account
    • This becomes an endless loop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-11T17:05:18+00:00

    Could you please sign-in with your phone and check once again?

    Regards

    Nik

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments