This app package is not supported for installation by App Installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

Anonymous
2023-10-10T08:48:49+00:00

I tried to install MS teams for work but it failed, please tell me what could be the reason.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-12T08:04:44+00:00

Hi ,

Please follow this thread, i was able to install teams with help of response from @Sharon
Error caa5009d - Microsoft Q&A

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-14T13:51:37+00:00

    Thanks. That is what I finally figured out. I open App Installer, close it and when I go back to the Library it indicates Amm Installer has an update. Once that installs Teams installs normally.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-13T22:08:09+00:00

    FIXED 8-13-2024

    I searched for "download teams for work" and selected the links descripbed as https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/.....

    I first clicked on the link "Download the new Teams app" I got the install error.

    There was a link right below that with message "Problems installing new Teams? Down the App Installer first. "

    I clicked on the button and the Microsoft App installer was installed on my laptop. There was then an update, but the update could not run with App Installer opened.

    I closed the App Installer.

    I waited 30 seconds.

    I went back to my Downloads folder and re-ran the MSTeams-x64.exe program. Teams installed!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-08T17:49:45+00:00

    Hi ,

    Please follow this thread, i was able to install teams with help of response from @Sharon
    Error caa5009d - Microsoft Q&A

    hi

    this app package is not supported for installation by App Installer because it uses certain restricted capabilities.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments