How do I get Microsoft Teams from opening links on Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome?

Anonymous
2023-11-29T06:50:22+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Mr. Trust_A 4,820 Reputation points
2023-12-12T21:34:35+00:00

Anything I try to open sends me to Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome like it used to. How can I change this?

Hello Pablo,

By default, web links will open in Microsoft Edge. But you can change it by going to Settings > Files and links > Link open preference and select the browser you prefer in your case Google Chrome.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-22T05:35:38+00:00

    Go to (windows) calls- > custom setup->Device settings->then u can see files and links -> link open preference set to default browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T15:22:49+00:00

    I saw the Link open preferences option did not display for me as well. I had an Admin from work fix it - not sure if it was because he was an Admin that he was able to see it, or because he also removed and re-deployed MS Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T14:30:50+00:00

    Now the option to switch browsers has been removed...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T21:10:08+00:00

    This solution doesn't work. I followed your prompts and when Browser is selected in the dropdown it does not open a new dropdown to select the Default Browser like it does in your screenshot. I tried browser based Teams and Desktop App for Teams. I also tried making Edge my default browser like another poster suggested and it still does not open a default browser selector after you change it Browser in the dropdown. I keep trying to post a screenshot of the same screen from your screenshot but it will not render in this post for some reason. Turns into an upside down smiley face, so maybe I do not have authorization to post images/screenshots.

    ![](https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg)![](https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpg)

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments