The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams.

Anonymous
2023-10-06T15:55:49+00:00

The "New Conversation" button has been replaced with "Start a Post" in Teams. How do I get the the new convo button back? I want to click and type and not have to format a subject.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-12T14:42:44+00:00

    When did the ability to Reply to a Reply go away? I thought at one point you could create a layered discussion thread.

    Main Item

    Reply 1

    Reply 1.1
    
      Reply 1.1.1
    
    Reply 1.2
    
    Reply 1.3
    

    Reply 2

    Reply 2.1
    

    This single thread is not helpful.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-17T17:39:13+00:00

    this feature sucks. I just want to chat, I don't wan to 'start a post'. Now it takes so much more work to converse and share ideas.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-09T15:06:52+00:00

    CAN WE USE THE OLD WAY - I HATE THE START NEW POST ITS TO BIG AND TO MANY CLICKS

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-04T23:50:24+00:00

    sad news is that after working for some time, a recent update still pushed the behavior to classic teams so there no way to use the old way, stuck landing on the subject line and have to click a button to "post"

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-31T20:42:36+00:00

    Thank you for the information. This new update not only makes sending messages more cumbersome, it makes many of the training videos inaccurate, perhaps even obsolete.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments