I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T17:31:50+00:00

    I have the same issue - Surface Pro - all browers and apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T18:08:10+00:00

    I think they fixed something because the issue is gone since I refreshed my Team web page (chrome).

    My version is now 1415/23113028724.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T18:53:57+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T19:27:05+00:00

    Issue may be fixed. I just had two successful calls where my colleagues did not hear an echo when they were talking while I was unmuted.

    I have another meeting tomorrow with a different set of people from another organization. I'll do another sound check and see if they still hear the echo. But for now I'm cautiously optimistic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T21:27:08+00:00

    I have discovered through testing that if your start a call with no background noise then the AI Noise Cancellation maintains a good call. If you have any background noise when starting there is a 60% chance that the call will have echo as it appears the AI Noise Cancellation gets it wrong. Once it starts with echo it remains that way. I have a simple test regime....2 mobile tethered devices at each end of the house and 100% repeatable with aircon or fan turned on providing ambient noise at the end using web teams. You may have just managed to start a call with no background noise at the start....I've switched to using external noise cancelling headsets given Teams is not cancelling. Seems the most reliable answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments