I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T19:38:25+00:00

    Also having the same problem. For some further context: I am on a 12 person team where one other person is having this issue, the only other person using Teams on a Mac. It happens across browsers, after turning everything off and on, after ensuring we have selected the right microphone, and after closing all other tabs. It can only be dealt with by using headphones, which is incredibly frustrating. Only began happening after coming back after the holidays, so we suspect that an update caused this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T20:10:10+00:00

    The problem does seem to have been caused by a recent update. And it's not isolated to Mac users. I am using a PC and have been experiencing this issue since last week. This issue seems to have started at the same time that my Office products were "updated" with new visuals and color themes (the dark gray theme is now horrible, btw). So perhaps something to do with a MS Office update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T00:09:35+00:00

    Same issue, last week echo started out of nowhere, nothing about the computer changed

    Echo does NOT happen in the teams app, so something about the web version.

    Happens in both "new teams" and "old teams" in the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T11:52:34+00:00

    I can confirm the same echo related issue on any chromium browser (chrome, edge, brave). What I have discovered is that the cancellation appears to be established at the start of a call. If you have background noise then you are more than likely going to have the issue where your teams connection results in everyone else hearing echo of themselves. For myself this started around 16/17 Jan 2024. Changing the Noise Cancellation between Auto, High, Low, Medium on my M1 does not have any real effect on the problem. Extensive testing over a number of hours to get this far as the echo almost makes teams unusable. I have had a great deal of success with Safari not having the echo problems however it does appear to have video problems. I suppose i could try changing the user agent and see if that addresses anything.

    In short, it appears the AI cancellation is messed up and Teams on Chromium is only usable if your in a dead silent room otherwise the cancellation causes echo for other parties.

    I hope this gets fixed earlier rather than later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T13:05:46+00:00

    I haven't had this issue for a couple of year but started again for teams meetings from Monday this week, use Chrome browser. I've tried different variations but sometimes if my headphones/mic are plugged in the echo is there and I have to unplug and vice versa. Doesn't seem to be much consistency on when it will occur. If I do the opposite to the previous meeting once I've logged in then the echo goes. I don't hear. It appears to echo the internal employees logged into their company teams when someone logging via Chrome browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments