I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T12:36:51+00:00

    So have this issue reached MS and is being fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T14:35:25+00:00

    Same issue (echo) +very low volume from the microphone + random incoming sound not working + random screen sharing not working.

    Very bad update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T14:50:25+00:00

    This ^^^^^^ worked! I moved to Safari from Chrome and now no echo for others when they speak. Hoping this is permenant.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T15:16:18+00:00

    Yes, I have tried this, but that setting does not appear in my options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T15:37:20+00:00

    Yes, I have tried this, but that setting does not appear in my options.

    Image

    I see. Looks like option depends on browser/OS. In MacOS, I see it in Edge and Chrome, but not in Safari.

    It seems to improve the call quality a bit, but some users are still complaining about echo; Safari is also affected. Desktop app is the only one which works with no echo issue.

    So, fix will be required for the web version, since it seems to be a software issue introduced around January 10, and echo cancellation is not working anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments