I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T14:12:23+00:00

    same issue on my mac and on my friends mac too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T16:15:53+00:00

    SAME issue!

    have closed down all audio programs

    using Chrome still

    we don't use Teams as an organization but our suppliers do and each time we join we have the echo. I noticed it does fade in and out.

    I feel like this is a Teams problem, simply because we never had this issue before the last week (today is Jan 16, 2024) and we changed nothing on our side (using same browser, PCs and Mac both).

    Please someone fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T16:39:39+00:00

    Same issue using Windows 11 computer. Just started last week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T17:06:06+00:00

    I have exact same issue, while using Teams web (Chrome or Edge), on a Mac.

    I've been using Teams for more than 3 years without headphones or external microphone and no issues until last week, when my colleagues started complaining about echo problem. Teams desktop app does not have same issue.

    It seems to be solved now, after changing "Noise Suppression" option from "Auto (default)" to "High", on device settings, before starting a new call; then I put it back to "Auto" and seems to be working correctly so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T19:28:36+00:00

    The "Noise Suppression" option does not appear in my settings in the Chrome browser Teams meeting. Others still hear an echo when they speak if I am not muted. The only audio settings I have in my Teams browser are three drop downs - one for Audio devices, one for Speaker and one for Microphone. All I can do is select from the drop downs (and there is only one item in each drop down list).

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments