I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T07:21:48+00:00

    Its also been happening to me for the last week. Nothing has changed in my settings or setup - using Teams in a Chrome browser.

    Please sort out quickly - I also have to mute myself all the time. Very disruptive on client calls.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T23:25:40+00:00

    I have recently started having this issue on both ventura mac and sonoma with chrome.

    Switching to safari fixed the issue, but it is annoying to have teams open in safari for calls and use chrome for everything else.

    Got to meeting does not have this issue with the same testing partners/browser/OSes.

    edit:

    This issue no longer exists for me on chrome on mac any more.

    My follow up reply after Eric Saulnier reported the issue as fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/i-am-using-teams-from-chrome-browser-and-the/8e52aa24-d7ec-4846-ab5e-438ebf914038?messageId=96afc9a0-994d-4031-a74b-df741f75ccfb

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T23:24:14+00:00

    This issue seems to not be present in Safari, but it does exist in chrome. It is also not a problem when using the native app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T21:25:06+00:00

    Same issue. Waiting for the solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T19:28:36+00:00

    The "Noise Suppression" option does not appear in my settings in the Chrome browser Teams meeting. Others still hear an echo when they speak if I am not muted. The only audio settings I have in my Teams browser are three drop downs - one for Audio devices, one for Speaker and one for Microphone. All I can do is select from the drop downs (and there is only one item in each drop down list).

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments