I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T20:43:15+00:00

    I have the same issue. I reverted to Classic for a while and that mitigated the issue, but now that Classic is not supported any longer, I am left with the echo issue. My company uses Teams for ALL communication so this is a big issue.
    HELP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T23:55:44+00:00

    We're experiencing exactly what you have described. Resetting MS Teams cache appears to resolve the problem temporarily, but it does come back.

    We experienced the feedback with headset to headset, headset to internal mic/speakers or webcam microphone and every combination of these.

    Having said that, we could fairly reliably replicate the issue up until today's (18/03) update to New MS Teams. It's very early to say it's resolved, but so far it is looking better.

    Windows 10 22H2 - New Teams Version - 24033.811.2738.2546

    It would be nice to find any Teams update notes to see if and when things are changed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T22:44:18+00:00

    Windows 11 - New Teams. I don't have the exact version number, but I did remove and reinstall the application on Tuesday during my troubleshooting so whatever version was available then.

    They have an HP notebook that is docked. The microphone being used is from a Logitech webcam (920?). Output is through the notebook's built-in speakers.

    Here's the exact scenario:

    I have a Teams meeting with a user. When they speak, everything sounds fine. When I speak, I hear myself coming back from their microphone. I opened the sound settings on their PC. When they speak, I see activity on the webcam microphone. When I speak, I see activity on every microphone on their system.

    This issue does not occur with the classic version of Teams.

    I reset the New Teams app in the Windows app settings, and this fixed the issue. However, the problem came back later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T22:27:21+00:00

    Looks like I can't share email in this forum. For people who have echo issues on the native app. Can you please provide a little more details on:

    • the platform (Windows or Mac), build number, device used if not built-in devices, did you hear echoes in regular calls or did the echo correlate with someone sharing PPT Live or audio sharing etc. We have some known issues with certain scenarios or audio sharing that we are working through.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T19:50:31+00:00

    Hi Mike, it looks like several of you on the team are having echo issues with the new Teams native app. Please feel free to reach out to me with email so we can take a closer look. hongsodoma@microsoft.com.

    Also to the rest of people here who are experiencing echo or other audio issues, please feel free to reach out to me.

    Hong Sodoma

    PM Manager, Microsoft IC3 (responsible for audio quality and reliability for Teams)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments