I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T00:09:35+00:00

    Same issue, last week echo started out of nowhere, nothing about the computer changed

    Echo does NOT happen in the teams app, so something about the web version.

    Happens in both "new teams" and "old teams" in the browser.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T15:37:20+00:00

    Yes, I have tried this, but that setting does not appear in my options.

    Image

    I see. Looks like option depends on browser/OS. In MacOS, I see it in Edge and Chrome, but not in Safari.

    It seems to improve the call quality a bit, but some users are still complaining about echo; Safari is also affected. Desktop app is the only one which works with no echo issue.

    So, fix will be required for the web version, since it seems to be a software issue introduced around January 10, and echo cancellation is not working anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T12:36:51+00:00

    So have this issue reached MS and is being fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T07:21:48+00:00

    Its also been happening to me for the last week. Nothing has changed in my settings or setup - using Teams in a Chrome browser.

    Please sort out quickly - I also have to mute myself all the time. Very disruptive on client calls.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T19:28:36+00:00

    The "Noise Suppression" option does not appear in my settings in the Chrome browser Teams meeting. Others still hear an echo when they speak if I am not muted. The only audio settings I have in my Teams browser are three drop downs - one for Audio devices, one for Speaker and one for Microphone. All I can do is select from the drop downs (and there is only one item in each drop down list).

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments