I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T17:06:06+00:00

    I have exact same issue, while using Teams web (Chrome or Edge), on a Mac.

    I've been using Teams for more than 3 years without headphones or external microphone and no issues until last week, when my colleagues started complaining about echo problem. Teams desktop app does not have same issue.

    It seems to be solved now, after changing "Noise Suppression" option from "Auto (default)" to "High", on device settings, before starting a new call; then I put it back to "Auto" and seems to be working correctly so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-17T20:10:10+00:00

    The problem does seem to have been caused by a recent update. And it's not isolated to Mac users. I am using a PC and have been experiencing this issue since last week. This issue seems to have started at the same time that my Office products were "updated" with new visuals and color themes (the dark gray theme is now horrible, btw). So perhaps something to do with a MS Office update?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T16:39:39+00:00

    Same issue using Windows 11 computer. Just started last week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T23:24:14+00:00

    This issue seems to not be present in Safari, but it does exist in chrome. It is also not a problem when using the native app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T14:12:23+00:00

    same issue on my mac and on my friends mac too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments