I am using teams from chrome browser and the person on the other side hears echo when they speak. Please help.

Anonymous
2024-01-12T08:16:38+00:00

I am using MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone as per the Teams settings. When I open settings and just select MacBook Pro speakers and Microphone again, the echo stops. This is really annoying. Can someone help?

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T08:12:06+00:00

    Hi,

    I have used teams for many years in Chrome, from my 2 different iMacs, located at different places and it has been working well, But recently since the start of 2024 I get reports of many audio-issue and loud echo from the remote end. Microsoft needs to take this issue seriously and get a solution. Something has definitely change, making in impossible to use Teams in speaker-mode on Edge.

    PS: I have tested also from Chrome on Windows 11, same issue there..

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T13:16:58+00:00

    i just started experiencing the same issue with echo on a teams call for other participants when i join the call from my laptop. I have used teams over chrome with speakerphone for last 2 years without issue. this just started in the past few weeks. i have never had to use headphones. now i have to mute myself so that others can talk. this must have started after the recent OS update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T16:15:53+00:00

    SAME issue!

    have closed down all audio programs

    using Chrome still

    we don't use Teams as an organization but our suppliers do and each time we join we have the echo. I noticed it does fade in and out.

    I feel like this is a Teams problem, simply because we never had this issue before the last week (today is Jan 16, 2024) and we changed nothing on our side (using same browser, PCs and Mac both).

    Please someone fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T08:25:23+00:00

    Sorry, the echo occurred in Edge as well.

    I have no choice but to use headphones.

    PS:
    In my case, the problem seems to be that the PC recognizes the voice of the browser. This may be an OS or voice driver issue, not Chrome,Edge.

    It is acting as if the stereo mixer is enabled.

    I guess the tricky part of this problem is that I don't notice it myself and need a caller to verify it.
    Sorry if this is unrelated to the subject matter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-16T06:49:25+00:00

    I have been experiencing this for about 3 days now.

    I have responded by changing my browser from Chrome to Edge when having web meetings in Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments