Side Scrollbar disappears frequently in the New Teams

Anonymous
2024-02-06T06:42:09+00:00

Having the same issue as already raised by others. New Teams version, scroll bar disappeared. It only shows up for seconds when switching between chats and groups. It's hard to get to a group which is far down listed.

Scroll bar also gone within a chat. Need to use the up/down key to find relevant comment within a chat.
Switched back to old Teams version and everything is back fine.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Group chats

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T17:30:18+00:00

    'On Hover' doesn't actually work, though. That's the big issue here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T15:54:11+00:00

    I think this seems to be a new design feature.

    The scroll bars seem to appear if you hover your mouse over the active area (chat lists/channel posts).

    This is a real pain for those who don't use a mouse. I have had about 8 users in the last week reporting they cannot scroll, with investigation, they don't have a mouse and are using their laptop touch pad.

    If they are using that they need to click in the area, grab the scroll bar in channel posts.

    In the Chat list - I can't seem to do it with my touch pad AT ALL!

    This does not work for those without a mouse - please can it be made to work

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-09T09:31:57+00:00

    Even I am facing the same problem.

    As a workaround Click on the Recent option and ungroup the chats. Again click on the recent options will bring the cursor for fewer seconds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T18:31:20+00:00

    Just to help whomever may be trying to solve this. I have the same issue. I also rebooted to try to fix it; no help. What I found today is that if I manually resize the screen I can see the very thin scroll bar, but then it disappears.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-08T16:35:02+00:00

    I tried this and it does not work. following is tried -

    1 - clear cache from appdata teams folder

    2 - reinstalled

    3 - repaired

    4 - restarted machine

    nothign worked it appears for couple of milliseconds and then goes again. resizing window got it back for few seconds and then you move cursor it disappears again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments