[SOLVED] MS teams displays the wrong time (timezone)

Anonymous
2023-06-06T07:01:14+00:00

Ive been having this issue since i started using teams. The correct timezone for me is CEST (Central European Summer Time). For some reason, Teams always displays the wrong time although in my MS Account the timezone and language settings are correct. Also, for people that work in the same office, Teams shows me that they apparently are in the same timezone..???? How can i resolve this?

OS: MacOS Ventura 13.4

Teams Version 1.6.00.11156.

Thanks!

My Profile:

Other People in the same office:

Solution in comments

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-07-28T15:51:29+00:00

Hello,

I had the same issue and tried just about everything, including the troubleshooting steps provided here. I discovered a solution that worked for me.

  1. Go to Outlook website.
  2. Click the settings gear icon on the top right corner.
  3. Go to "General" in the left pane and then ensure you are viewing "Language and time".
  4. Click "Change" under "Time zone".
  5. In the newly-opened pane, under "Time zones", there should be a message saying your "meeting time" is set to a different time zone. Click "Yes, update" button to reconcile the time zones.
  6. Restart Teams.

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-30T15:27:14+00:00

    Hi,

    The same issues here - on web everything is ok, but on desktop app time zones are off

    Checked everything mentioned in this post and comments

    The same in booking app

    Please advise how to fix this.

    Looks like a bug in the system

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T10:11:39+00:00

    Hi, I found the solution after a lot of looking around.....it's an issue in your Microsoft 365 account, linked to SharePoint Follow this link to solve and it worked for me!

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-US/office/change-sharepoint-online-language-settings-0f6a477a-dcab-4462-9d0c-e3b53d138183

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T14:39:19+00:00

    The issue is not solved at all.
    I'm on GMT+2 timezone, and Teams shows that I am with 3h in advance (ex: 4PM => it shows 7PM) ;(
    This is on Windows 11 and the Teams New application. I can mention the Win11 itself, shows the correct time and timezone.
    I did setup this on outlook.com as well, without any modifications under computer Teams app (even if I restarted the app multiple times).

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. BryceSor 5,510 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-06-06T08:53:08+00:00

    Hi gianni_0246,

    Remember to use quit in Teams to make the setting work, read this MS web site.

    Change settings in Teams - Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments