Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T07:41:42+00:00

    Same issue on Lenovo Legion Pro 5 16IRX8.

    Has anyone tried updating gpu drivers?

    Interesting note: the problem disappears on my secondary monitor which has lower resolution and lower refresh rate.

    I found out I can "fix" this problem by lowering the refresh rate on the laptop screen to 60Hz.

    You can do this in the Display > Advanced display Windows settings.

    Even more interesting: After switching back to 240Hz, the problem is still solved!

    Update: the issue returned and I noticed my "fix" only works if I first minimize all the Teams windows that have camera feeds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T22:51:23+00:00

    I am also having this same issue, though it only happens when my power cord is plugged in. When I am on battery power, it doesn't happen. Would love to find a solution to this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-02T11:44:58+00:00

    I've had the same issue and I fixed by changing graphic settings for Teams.

    Settings > Graphic Settings > Specific options for application > Select Microsoft Store and add it > Microsoft Teams Settings > Select Power Saving and check "Using optimization for windowed games" > Save it then restart Microsoft Teams

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments