Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T16:27:25+00:00

    Having the same issue on a Lenovo system (no Dell software).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-16T20:36:38+00:00

    Same issue. Wondering if it is related to hardware acceleration. I have dedicated video card.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-02-19T05:55:36+00:00

    I too have this issue with only New Teams and I am running on an Alienware system

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-02-20T08:32:47+00:00

    Hi All,

    I tried all those steps, no luck, same random black screens instead of faces. Working on a Lenovo laptop.
    The only fix is to Pin the speaker, as least the current speaker can be seen, but even this is not working for two different people pinned during the same call.

    Please fix it.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T15:42:47+00:00

    Same issue. Started occurring when new Teams update. I run a lLenovo system. My coworkers do not have the same experience and use the same laptop I do.

    Issue - one on one Teams video calls, no problem

    More than two people on the Teams video call, people I am viewing will randomly go blank / black and occasionally Teams will resize their portion of the screen as I turned on emphasize speaker.

    When investigating during a call, my coworkers did not have the same problem, in fact, Teams was working perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments