Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T14:42:29+00:00

    I have the same issue! Old teams did not have this problem, I am forced to use new teams its not working correctly. It shows a black screen and minimizing to a small window when sharing my screen is the only thing that works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-26T13:19:54+00:00

    I have the same problem also - video preview displays fine before joining a call, then as soon as i'm in the call all participants show black instead of the video display.

    The only caveat to this is minimising teams during the call alows the current speaker to be seen in the minimised view.

    Screenshare also diesnot display.

    Really frustrating - please fix, its clearly a bug with Teams Work & School, as personal used to work perfectly fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-18T16:35:09+00:00

    Exactly same issue. This is ongoing and has been occurring for over a month now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-13T21:24:33+00:00

    I have the same issue, it is really annoying

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-05T14:39:24+00:00

    I have not!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments