Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-31T00:10:02+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I have had to start using Teams in the browser for all meetings with more then two people in the meeting. My coworkers are not having the same issues. My laptop also does not have this issue as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T02:14:01+00:00

    I'm having the same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-30T00:25:45+00:00

    In Teams meeting, all video participants are seen as black screens. Can see shared screen video if I "Pop Out" the video, but can't see speaker or participants. Can see speakers' videos in mini preview when I minimize the meeting. Frustrating bug, switched to old Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T16:22:37+00:00

    I'm having the exact same issue!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-29T06:38:17+00:00

    Same issue!! Changing screen size helps, but no full screen possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments