Why are some people on Teams calls showing as a black screen?

Anonymous
2023-11-20T14:44:57+00:00

On Teams calls on new Teams, when on calls with multiple people, usually one or more of them are showing as a black screen. If I share screens, they will suddenly appear as normal on the side of the screen, so it's nothing to do with their camera settings or privacy shield.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-15T16:19:04+00:00

    I've had the same issue but turning HDR off for the screen where I was using Teams did the trick for me.
    I am using Windows 11 and you can disable HDR by going to display settings, click on the screen you want to edit settings then toggle Use HDR to off.
    Hope it helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T19:53:03+00:00

    I am on an Alienware system as well and having this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-11T19:50:48+00:00

    I am having the same issue and have to keep reverting back to the old Teams every time it automatically updates.

    MS folks, it has been several months now. Can someone please acknowledge that this issue is being looked into?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-01T19:38:49+00:00

    I have someone who is having this issue, and she says it is fixed by closing out any Chrome windows. Maybe that will help someone get to a solution?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-02-26T10:40:24+00:00

    Hi Tyson,

    My issue is not with the full screen Only the images of some of the participants are going dark, not the entire screen. And there is no easy correlation between the people I am talking to. Seems purely random, in the same call, all the participants are going dark (like if their cameras are off), at different moments. From the very start of the meeting. And everytime I am resizing my screen. Even if I dont touch it, when somebody starts sharing desktop, it happens.

    Best Regards,
    Radu

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments