Teams chats segregated into personal and meeting chats

Anonymous
2025-04-01T14:54:09+00:00

the person to person chats and meeting chats are now appearing under different tabs under Chat. I want to revert to the old way where all chats were in the same tab and not further segregated. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-13T19:10:12+00:00

    Please stop fixing what's not broken, especially when there's no way to understand what the update was without

    Staring.
    Aggressive Clicking.

    Angry Googling

    Turning to Reddit, "how do i fix this fix nobody needed????"

    142 upvotes and 50 replies complaining with you while the developers of this fix downvote us all.

    Then one rando named softwaredaddy99 offers a fix that breaks something else, so you report the profile as harassment. hahaa got em'

    Then you call your work bff who secretly loathes you, complain for another hour.
    That turns into a group chat.

    while they side chat, calling you dramatic. (they're so fake)

    By the time lunch rolls around:

    • You've filed a support ticket that got auto-closed in 16 seconds.
    • You've downloaded a plug-in that crashes your computer.
    • You've posted a meme of a dumpster fire labeled “Version 7.4.3”
    • You’ve accomplished nothing.

    Zero productivity. 100% rage. And still? nothing works until 3 weeks later you stumble into the unnecessary fix that broke your flow, just in time for another unnecessary update. Thank you so much for the unnecessary software updates that kills efficiency so someone can add a feature called “AI-CoPilot Lite Beta3.6™©.”

    Please, stop. Please keep teams meeting chats in the main chat group. No one needed the separation since The Offspring sang it in '94.

    You're welcome

    Hello, Geriatric Millennial.

    I do hope you got that out of your system and will have a pleasant weekend. I do understand your frustration.

    Cheers!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-13T17:19:24+00:00

    I turned off the filter to have all my chats show in one list, but is there a way to prevent merging of chats and call attendees? As an example, I was in a chat with 2 other trainers and we were discussing a retraining plan for a trainee.

    When it came time to call the trainee, I called the first trainer directly in teams and then added the second trainer during the call to keep it separate from the chat we just had. I did not call through the chat.

    When we were all on a call and I added the trainee, BUT they had access to our prior chat history with the other two trainers even though it was done completely separate! As a note, I DID NOT click anything to share the chat history.

    Is there a way to turn this off so it doesn't automatically populate a chat history when the same people are in the call and someone new is added?

    If we wanted the trainee to be in the chat, we would have added them to the chat and called through the chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T10:01:52+00:00

    Certainly not me. I came here to find out how to merge them back together. Very disappointed with MS's constant and needless tinkering.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T10:17:46+00:00

    Please revert back... This separation is annoying. A Chat is a chat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-14T16:33:01+00:00

    Thanks for responding, but that will not work for me.

    If I don't filter at all, it simply shows either Chats or Meeting Chats depending on where I last viewed or posted. It doesn't COMBINE the two types together ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments