Teams chats segregated into personal and meeting chats

Anonymous
2025-04-01T14:54:09+00:00

the person to person chats and meeting chats are now appearing under different tabs under Chat. I want to revert to the old way where all chats were in the same tab and not further segregated. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-14T22:58:52+00:00

    We solved this. Turn off the filters in settings and everything returns to normal.

    If this change is necessary, then allow us to pin meeting chats to the left part of the chats section (favorites; people chat; meeting chat) AND have the activity section show me the message. Instead I see an indication of a new message I cannot find. When I click on activity It does not show me the message and I have no idea where the message is. How is this an improvement?

    I saw this and was very hopeful - but could not find any were in Teams settings to turn off filters. Can someone explain?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T13:22:38+00:00

    did you UNCHECK the word Chats? That fixes it. Or turning off the filters so you do not accidentally check one of them.

    Thank you. Yes, I did UNCHECK the Chats first.

    Turning off the filter does not show meeting chat in the regular Chats list, and therein is the problem. I have to search for it in the search bar. If the filters are turned on, I can click on the meeting chats so it switches the list to the meeting chats. Either method is annoying to me, and I fail to understand why Microsoft felt this was a beneficial change. What I would like them to do is restore us to the previous version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-01T21:53:52+00:00

    Dear Soumen Acharyya,

    Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback about the recent change that separates personal and meeting chats into different tabs within Microsoft Teams.

    I understand how this new segregation can disrupt your usual workflow and preference for having all your chats in one place. It's completely understandable that you'd want to revert to the previous layout that you were accustomed to. Change can sometimes feel less efficient, especially when it alters how you've been managing your conversations.

    We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as user feedback is invaluable in helping us understand how these updates impact your daily experience. While the current design separates these chat types, we want to assure you that we are actively listening to feedback like yours. We understand that different users have different preferences for how they organize and view their communications.

    At this time, there isn't a direct setting within Teams to revert back to the single-tab view. However, we want to help you navigate this new layout as smoothly as possible. Here are a few tips that might help you manage your chats effectively in the meantime:

    • Pinning Important Chats: You can pin your most frequent personal and meeting chats to the top of their respective tabs for quick access.
    • Using Search: The search bar at the top of Teams can quickly locate any past conversation, regardless of which tab it resides in.
    • Activity Feed: The Activity feed can provide a consolidated view of recent messages and mentions across all your Teams activity, including both personal and meeting chats.

    We understand these might not be a perfect replacement for the single-tab view, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change has caused.

    We will be sure to pass your feedback along to the Microsoft Teams product team. Understanding how users interact with the platform is crucial for future improvements and updates.

    If you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-15T17:25:15+00:00

    Completely agree and came here to give the exact same feedback! This new view is a terrible disruption!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-21T21:46:40+00:00

    Disabling filters does not work for me. All it does is make it so that I can ONLY see meeting chats or chats.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments