Teams chats segregated into personal and meeting chats

Anonymous
2025-04-01T14:54:09+00:00

the person to person chats and meeting chats are now appearing under different tabs under Chat. I want to revert to the old way where all chats were in the same tab and not further segregated. Please help.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-03T14:09:25+00:00

    Dear Microsoft.

    The change isn't an improvement. As seems to be the case these days, Microsoft decides to change something and insists on making it less efficient and harder to navigate within the apps. Now when I receive a chat I have to select the filters to find the chat! An extra unhelpful step. I receive many chats all day long and am constantly switching filters to locate it within chats, meeting chats, or channels. I spend a lot more time trying to locate the chats than anything else.

    No thanks! Give me the older version back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-09T14:00:37+00:00

    We solved this. Turn off the filters in settings and everything returns to normal.

    If this change is necessary, then allow us to pin meeting chats to the left part of the chats section (favorites; people chat; meeting chat) AND have the activity section show me the message. Instead I see an indication of a new message I cannot find. When I click on activity It does not show me the message and I have no idea where the message is. How is this an improvement?

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-04T05:21:30+00:00

    This is really pathetic development from Microsoft, they should give an option to merge chats and meeting chats. Product manager who led this change should not decide for each user and keep his creative ideas to himself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-04T13:01:39+00:00

    This is not an improvement to have my chats disappear into a different tab.

    Please provide an option to combine again.

    Who wanted this "feature"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T15:51:14+00:00

    This is not a good solution. I have numerous meeting chats and individual chats, all of which are important, and I cannot spend my day constantly switching views and hunting up and down the UI for some chat or activity that's popped up. Pinning and searching are lousy solutions. Microsoft needs an undo for the current version of Teams. I am so frustrated with how much more difficult my work day is now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments