How do I prevent the "Your microphone is muted" message?

Anonymous
2023-04-19T14:03:33+00:00

There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.

During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.

The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.

Thank you for your time.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T08:47:35+00:00

    Thanks for this idea! I did this and it worked.

    For me, instead of hiding it by adding a custom style, I simply right-clicked the <div> code and selected "Delete element" and the pop-up was gone

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T03:49:44+00:00

    The primary issue for me is using the web client when someone is screen-sharing.
    Screen-sharing pushes all the videos to the top of the page and then this pop-up that you can't get rid of floats over the top of the videos, so I can no longer see anyone.
    And in contrast to someone else's suggestion, Ctrl+Shift+M doesn't stop the pop-up from appearing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T04:42:12+00:00

    Make use of headphones.

    This error happens because of background noise. The mic senses that you want to speak and informs you that you are muted.

    Alternatively move to a very quiet room

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T07:10:20+00:00

    Hi,

    I muted my microphone (fn + F4) and the notifications stopped.

    Thank you so much David, pop-up screen is so annoying and this is the easiest way to bypass it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-20T18:44:41+00:00

    Extremely Annoying and disturbing. If I talk to anyone or make a sound, while im staying mute in a teams call, it keeps popping up. And the msg is in passive voice ...your microphone is muted.

    Everytime makes me wonder if i forgot to mute by chance, and somebody muted me when my dog shouted. So un-intuitive of microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments