How do I prevent the "Your microphone is muted" message?

Anonymous
2023-04-19T14:03:33+00:00

There is a previous issue with the same title but no solution seems to be in place.

During a meeting it is good practice to mute yourself unless you have to step into the conversation. When on mute this annoying message "Your microphone is muted" pops over and over again, blocking the view to participants and/or shared screen.

The proposed workarounds are not a practical solution since they imply to be fumbling around the devices settings again and again, so this is an issue I believe should be addressed as soon as possible. A simple banner in the interface with a crossed microphone would be far better than this and for sure far less anoying.

Thank you for your time.

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Chats | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-10T13:59:24+00:00

    I solved the issue in my computer. I went to System > Sound > Volume Mixer and found that there were TWO Microsoft Teams Apps (probably because of an update?) in there and I just muted one of them. I tried the first one and realized that it really muted the Teams app but when I only muted the 2nd one it looked like it didn't do "anything" but fixed my sound. Now Teams is able to identify when I am talking vs before that it was thinking that my speakers was actually me talking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T09:19:01+00:00

    Its a classic from the worst software development compnay in the world. I have the same creepy issue,. I`m forced by the company to use O365 ****, other wise i would not use Teams ever, is the more bloated and redundant piece of software ever.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T15:03:35+00:00

    2025 and they still haven't fixed this bug

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-07T17:15:59+00:00

    I'm on a customer meeting and this muted message has appeared non-stop distracted me from the meeting. Microsoft - please design better. It is a meeting platform, so stop disrupting meetings. I know I'm muted because I purposely muted myself. Your message is hiding content from the meeting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T14:11:48+00:00

    In the Teams application installed on the computer....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments