I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T23:02:33+00:00

    unfortunately, even with a Copilot licenses and a Team Premium licenses you still cannot copy from the live transcript like before :( ... I have both licenses, and you are still required to be in a properly structured meeting and turn recording on and at that point you can perform similar insights from the recorded transcript output. This is not helpful for general calls that is not attached to a meeting, and not helpful for meetings were turning record on is not acceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-27T16:35:22+00:00

    I wish I knew too. I remember MSFT removing features and stop support on tools on past, but I don't recall as impactful change as this one.

    Removing this feature is impairing the capability of thousands of professionals to perform their work and putting them in risk of losing their job.

    This "privacy" excuse was a way for MSFT to protect themselves from lawsuits of bad employees exposing company's data.

    The better solution is transfer the decision to allow or not copy of Live Captions to company's IT Departments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T07:53:11+00:00

    This feature is necessary for cross functional teams that speak multiple languages. We have teams working in India, Germany and China. The transcribe and manually translate function helped a lot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T16:25:13+00:00

    Is there any official way to report this? I join meetings that are not in my native language (nor in english) and the transcript functionality is vital for me, but I need to copy/paste to a translator quite often anyways. I'm lost right now.

    Privacy has absolutely no sense here, like I can copy/paste from emails, i can record a meeting using third party tools, i can even screenshot the thing. This is just invalidating a valuable functionality and hurting honest users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-30T17:38:34+00:00

    Microsoft is saving their *** (backs) preventing lawsuits by companies that have malicious users that misuse the functionality and it's putting their companies in jeopardy. Probably even MSFT themselves.

    There is no way to understand differently than a cheap quick solution to address a bigger legal problem that was (as usual in MSFT) badly planned with business cases being neglected. That 0.0001% of bad users that really caused trouble to their companies are the reason why 99.9999% of the good users are paying the price.

    MSFT should respect the 99.9999% of the good users and re-enable this feature, and speed up a better functionality that allow each company's IT Teams to determine at account level, which individual has access to copy the contents of the Live Captions or not. It's harder than just blocking, absolutely! But that should be the right choice!

    Employees don't have an option to switch to a different tool, we are STUCK WITH TEAMS! So MSFT, respect that! A worldwide subtle chance excusing in "privacy" it's so hard to buy.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments