I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T16:31:27+00:00

    Microsoft needs more companies to buy Premium licenses

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T12:42:26+00:00

    This change is completely unwelcome. We need the feature reinstated. It was incredibly convenient to be able to copy a few lines of important text without disrupting the flow of meetings. What security benefit is gained by disabling this feature? If I can write quickly enough manually, I can do so just as easily as copying from live captions.

    Microsoft has no justification for removing such a useful feature from a paid tool like Teams. I insist on having it restored.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T12:34:44+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    I regularly attend German meetings and daily stand-ups at my company, but I'm not fluent in German. I used to copy short phrases and translate them as needed—that really helped me. I don’t want to save long transcripts, fill up chat boxes with transcription records. I also don’t want to cause issues in meetings, like disabling participants’ cameras and microphones just because someone enabled transcription, and triggering notifications and waiting for everyone to click “OK” to get back to the meeting just because someone enabled transcription, which can be disruptive. That’s embarrassing, inconvenient, and completely unnecessary.

    Transcriptions should be a helpful tool for everyone. Most of us only need to copy a few key parts—not the entire meeting, and certainly not with all that added hassle. The current setup is impractical and doesn’t support smooth team collaboration. It was not a well-thought-out decision.

    I really hope copy functionality can be enabled directly from live captions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T08:54:18+00:00

    Really disappointed that Microsoft removed the ability to copy text from live captions in Teams. I used that all the time to quickly summarise key points during meetings—it made a big difference, especially when discussions moved fast or when I needed to follow up afterward. Without it, I’m stuck either scrambling to take notes manually or hoping I remember everything.

    It’s also a big step back for accessibility. Live captions help so many people—whether you’re hard of hearing, neurodivergent, working in a noisy space, or just trying to keep up with a second language. Being able to copy that text was more than just a convenience—it was a lifeline for staying engaged and retaining information.

    What’s frustrating is that this kind of functionality should be standard in any modern communication tool. If anything, it should be getting better, not removed. Thankfully, Slack still supports this, so we’ll likely be shifting more of our conversations there for now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-19T07:29:57+00:00

    It’s incredibly frustrating that this feature has been removed. This was an essential feature for accessibility, note-taking, and post-meeting reviews and now it’s hidden behind Teams Premium or buried in complex admin settings. Claiming it's for "data protection" while pushing AI-powered summaries behind a paywall is clearly not about privacy, it’s about control and monetization. This change feels like a step backwards for collaboration and productivity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments