I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T12:55:29+00:00

    Dear admins,

    Just be honest and say that you made this option PAID. Why so many unnecessary words and the illusion that you are trying to help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T09:56:28+00:00

    I'm genuinely disappointed that Microsoft has removed the ability to copy text from live captions in Teams. That feature was incredibly useful for quickly capturing key points during meetings, especially when conversations moved quickly or when I needed to follow up afterward. Without it, I'm left scrambling to take manual notes or relying on memory, which is far less efficient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-23T09:38:08+00:00

    Hello,

    I work in a team where everyone speaks another language (not English). I am still learning the language. With this change, I am no longer able to understand completely what the team discuss in the meeting. This prevents me from inclusive work environment ! Is there any solution to this problem ? Can the admin / meeting organizer enable copy meeting live transcript for just one person ?

    Thanks and Regards

    Syam

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T18:55:02+00:00

    Dear Microsoft Team,

    Please consider enabling copy-and-paste functionality in this tool. I receive many inquiries as part of my job, and being able to capture and share the correct information quickly is very important. This feature would greatly support my daily work and improve efficiency.

    Thank you for your consideration.

    Best regards,
    Winnie

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-20T15:18:25+00:00

    Looks like its time to look for an alternative to teams.

    I used the copy the text from phone calls (live captions) and put into my tickets so the end user doesnt say "I didnt say that" and such.

    Also used it from meetings and put together a summary report with some of the conversation.

    Microsoft saying its for enhanced security, maybe Microsoft should just worry about not breaking computers with updates

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments