I can't copy the subtitles of a meeting

Anonymous
2025-06-17T14:06:51+00:00

I'm used to copy the subs of a meeting in word to make a summary of the meetings using AI. But from this day, I have a pop up saying that I can't copy the selected text. I turned off my PC and started TEAMS again but it didn't work. My colleagues at the office have don't have this problem, as they can copy paste subtitles perfectly. I tried to upload a screenshot but apparently there is a problem with it.

Thank you in advance

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-27T16:35:22+00:00

    I wish I knew too. I remember MSFT removing features and stop support on tools on past, but I don't recall as impactful change as this one.

    Removing this feature is impairing the capability of thousands of professionals to perform their work and putting them in risk of losing their job.

    This "privacy" excuse was a way for MSFT to protect themselves from lawsuits of bad employees exposing company's data.

    The better solution is transfer the decision to allow or not copy of Live Captions to company's IT Departments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T23:02:33+00:00

    unfortunately, even with a Copilot licenses and a Team Premium licenses you still cannot copy from the live transcript like before :( ... I have both licenses, and you are still required to be in a properly structured meeting and turn recording on and at that point you can perform similar insights from the recorded transcript output. This is not helpful for general calls that is not attached to a meeting, and not helpful for meetings were turning record on is not acceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T17:17:27+00:00

    This is nonsense. Sometimes I used to copy and translate sentences that I didn't understand. Because your translation feature is very bad. It's ridiculous to remove this feature that doesn't harm anyone. I don't think you have enough work. You got bored. You did this.

    This has nothing to do with security. Because people can record audio if they want :). The subtitles are not always correct anyway. It's complete nonsense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-26T14:38:58+00:00

    There is no way this has to be with security, they want to sell copilot licenses. It is awful how this is working. How an amazin tool can change in an awfull way for profit.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T22:19:22+00:00

    This is nonsense. Sometimes I used to copy and translate sentences that I didn't understand. Because your translation feature is very bad. It's ridiculous to remove this feature that doesn't harm anyone. I don't think you have enough work. You got bored. You did this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments