How to increase font size on new TEAMS app?

Anonymous
2023-12-05T17:52:58+00:00

Since I updated to the new TEAMS app, my font size is incredibly small. The "zoom" setting in the top right corner doesn't change the overall display - it only makes the minimize/close buttons larger. There is no font size setting anywhere. Adjusting my computer settings does nothing, either. Please help!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Settings | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-01-16T14:17:14+00:00

In the upper right corner you should see your profile/avatar icon. To the left of that are 3 dots. Click on the dots, and adjust that Zoom setting there. It should affect the entire app, not just a single conversation thread. The icon on the right of the +/-, will reset the zoom level.

Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T18:21:43+00:00

    Thank you. I just don't understand why apps can't allow the same zoom features that the web version of the app allows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T18:08:32+00:00

    , I understand that. The problem is the whole app becomes unusable once you zoom in too far. This is my accessibility issue. Hope this helps as we were looking for just expanding the zoom on individual conversations or specific areas of the app without the left nav expanding out too much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-07T15:15:34+00:00

    As a low vision person (20 / 200) I find Teams very annoying when working on smaller screens like a laptop. I can use the zoom and the mouse wheel +, however this enlarges the whole teams app not just the area I want to focus on. Specifically, I just want to enlarge a conversation so I can read it with a larger font, currently when I enlarge things with zoom the whole app basically is unusable as side panels become too big. I really need a better way to just zoom a specific panel or conversation. Love if I could use my touch monitor and pinch to zoom just a conversation, then I could read it pinch back and reply. Also, when others are sharing content love to just pinch to zoom this content.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-06T06:33:46+00:00

    On MAC try command button and + button at the same time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments