Missing Soft Focus and Brightness in Teams

Anonymous
2022-11-03T16:23:50+00:00

Greetings!

My co-workers have options for Brightness and Soft Focus on their Teams and neither of these appear to be options for me in my Teams video settings. I'm on a Mac Studio with the M1Max chip. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.28558. It was last updated on 11/1/22. Ideas welcome!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-06-13T17:38:15+00:00

    Thank you for the response. I was considering paying the extra for a business license. Im glad I did not make that mistake.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-06-14T06:30:12+00:00

    We have the problem on Enterprise Tenant, using E5 package from Microsoft wich is quite extensive. It has nothing to do with license I can assure. For us its a silicon chip thing, something is not compatible with the setting.

    Kind regards
    Sanna Björklund

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-06-15T01:30:10+00:00

    I can concur that this issue is not related to licensing. I have two machines, a Mac and a Windows machine, which are joined to the same corporate domain and have the same policies.

    The Windows machine (HP Elitebook) is running Teams version 1.6.00.12455 which was released by Microsoft on June 7th. The Mac machine (M2 Air) is running Teams 1.6.00.12966 which was released on June 7th.

    Both are connected to a Logitech c930e external webcam. The Windows machine is able to provide the brightness and soft focus settings, but the Mac machine does not have this setting.

    It makes my Teams video terribly dark. Using Google Meet is worlds better and is much better technology to conduct video meetings with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-06-15T08:55:34+00:00

    Same here. Super dark on my Mac, works fine on Windows devices. Teams is almost unusable, because it looks like I'm in a dark cave. Falling back on Google Meet many times.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-28T21:19:53+00:00

    I too am missing camera soft focus settings on my MacBook Pro M1. I use an external screen so one workaround is to make the screen super bright. (I use the movie setting on my Benq monitor. I also adjusted my logitech camera to make it brighter. Still, my skin looks terrible in Teams. It seems to have X-ray vision and shows marks, freckles invisible to the naked eye.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments