Missing Soft Focus and Brightness in Teams

Anonymous
2022-11-03T16:23:50+00:00

Greetings!

My co-workers have options for Brightness and Soft Focus on their Teams and neither of these appear to be options for me in my Teams video settings. I'm on a Mac Studio with the M1Max chip. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.28558. It was last updated on 11/1/22. Ideas welcome!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-07-24T18:48:29+00:00

    I'm on a brand new Lenovo X1 with the Integrated Camera and I don't even have the mirror image option, let alone brightness and soft focus. There are no actual video settings in Video Settings. So fyi it's not just a Mac issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-07-21T21:18:01+00:00

    Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. I have a 2015 MacBook Air with an intel chip and am the original poster on this thread. It must be a Mac OS issue or something.

    I found a partial resolution by upgrading my camera from Logitech 1080 to Dell Pro Webcam WB5023. My image is brighter, but still doesn't look as good as Zoom. Tech support has no solution except to make a product improvement request.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-07-21T14:35:56+00:00

    Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. I have a 2015 MacBook Air with an intel chip and am the original poster on this thread. It must be a Mac OS issue or something.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-21T08:07:40+00:00

    Simple answer:

    Like some other apps (perhaps some features on other apps) out there, they cannot get this to work on machines with an Apple Chip. Intel machines should not have this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-06-28T21:19:53+00:00

    I too am missing camera soft focus settings on my MacBook Pro M1. I use an external screen so one workaround is to make the screen super bright. (I use the movie setting on my Benq monitor. I also adjusted my logitech camera to make it brighter. Still, my skin looks terrible in Teams. It seems to have X-ray vision and shows marks, freckles invisible to the naked eye.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments