Missing Soft Focus and Brightness in Teams

Anonymous
2022-11-03T16:23:50+00:00

Greetings!

My co-workers have options for Brightness and Soft Focus on their Teams and neither of these appear to be options for me in my Teams video settings. I'm on a Mac Studio with the M1Max chip. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.28558. It was last updated on 11/1/22. Ideas welcome!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-01T19:31:08+00:00

    Hi Hania. I have tried swapping cameras to a camera which works with the new focus settings on a Lenovo thinkpad and I am encountering the same issue. On my iMac desktop the soft and brightness functions do not appear in the teams app. Can you tell me what else I can try? Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-11-03T18:13:27+00:00

    Hi Sallie,

    It might be because your camera doesn't support soft focus. please try connecting a separate webcam and update us.

    let me know if you need any further assistance

    Kind Regards,

    Hania.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-03T17:45:30+00:00

    Thanks for your response! Mac-Teams-preferences-devices does not show any settings as you are describing. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-03T17:04:33+00:00

    Hi, I'm Independent Advisor, I'm here to help you.

    This option is disabled by default. Users need to enable it from setting > devices.

    If this option still doesn't appear try connecting external webcam.

    If you still have problem please follow the provided link for your answer:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/for...

    let me know if you need any further assistance

    Kind Regards,

    Hania.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments