Missing Soft Focus and Brightness in Teams

Anonymous
2022-11-03T16:23:50+00:00

Greetings!

My co-workers have options for Brightness and Soft Focus on their Teams and neither of these appear to be options for me in my Teams video settings. I'm on a Mac Studio with the M1Max chip. Microsoft Teams Version 1.5.00.28558. It was last updated on 11/1/22. Ideas welcome!

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T18:42:19+00:00

    For those still following - I think I found the disconnect. We had a rollout of Teams that is just called "Microsoft Teams" and one that's called "Microsoft Teams Classic." The Classic version has the Soft Focus, the new version does not. I still had the latter installed, and when running an update it loaded the new version, which doesn't have the Soft Focus options.

    I found that even the "Classic" would lose it's Soft Focus options when the new Teams was installed, but when I uninstalled the new Teams, it came back in Classic. But I assume it's just a matter of time until some update comes along and wipes this out entirely.

    So - takeaway if anyone from MS is monitoring this endless chat - it still needs to be fixed for new Teams on macOS.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T23:30:43+00:00

    You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.6.00.26463. It was last updated on 06/10/2023.

    They brought Brightness back to Settings but not Soft Focus.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-09-04T04:58:43+00:00

    We've got Windows users reporting that their Soft Focus and Brightness have disappeared. The settings were available before an update. When I check on my Mac, those settings are gone as well. Can't roll back versions of Teams because Teams auto-updates.

    Windows Teams Version: 1.6.00.22378, last updated on 21/08/2023. 

    Mac Teams Version: 1.6.00.22155, which was last updated on 16/08/2023.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-30T09:00:45+00:00

    I have taken to using the CameraController application to force update the brightness on my camera during calls. Its a workaround, but it works. It does mean my background is very white, but with Blur enabled, it's acceptable

    https://github.com/Itaybre/CameraController

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-27T18:10:17+00:00

    What I've just discovered is that when I use the online version of Teams, I don't get the video options for brightness and soft focus. When I access Teams from the desktop app, they magically appear. So, for me, the difference-maker is web-based use of Teams vs. app. Thank goodness I found those soft focus options - LOL!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments