Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
After raising a support ticket with Microsoft, I was told the following.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm writing to report an issue with screen sharing in Microsoft Teams after updating Microsoft Edge to version 131.0.2903.48 (Official build) (64-bit) this morning (18/11/2024).
The Problem:
When attempting to share my screen in Microsoft Teams through the Edge browser, I can only share the browser window itself. Sharing the entire screen or specific applications is not possible.
Additionally, clicking "Share Screen" causes my camera to turn off with an error message stating "Your video isn't working. We couldn't access your camera."
This issue occurs in both the Microsoft Teams web app within Edge and the standalone Teams desktop application (if available on your platform).
Troubleshooting Attempts:
I have verified that screen sharing works flawlessly in Google Chrome on the same system.
A colleague using Ubuntu 24.04 is experiencing the same problem, suggesting the issue is not specific to Ubuntu 22.04.
Possible Cause:
This issue may be related to the recent Edge update or potential compatibility issues with Ubuntu.
Request:
I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and provide a possible solution or workaround. Additionally, please consider escalating this issue to the appropriate team if necessary.
Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Same problem here!
Debian 12
Kernel 6.11.5+bpo-amd64
Plasma 5.27.5 / Wayland
New Version microsoft-edge-stable/stable 131.0.2903.51-1 isn't working, so i downgraded to version microsoft-edge-stable/stable,now 130.0.2849.80-1 and everything is working fine.
In case someone is not familiar with the commands. Just open a new terminal (only for debian based systems) and execute the following commands and don't forget to remove apt-mark hold as soon as a fixed version is available.
-- show available versions
apt list --all-versions microsoft-edge-stable
-- Install old version
sudo apt install microsoft-edge-stable=130.0.2849.80-1
-- prevent update until fixed version is available
sudo apt-mark hold microsoft-edge-stable
It is more than just a Teams problem. Running Ubuntu 24.04, I tested screen sharing with Teams, Google-Meet, and Zoom. None of these in-browser apps can can share screen using Edge 131.x. They all work fine by rolling back to Edge 130.x. All of these apps work with fine within Chrome and Firefox.
Yes, I can confirm it's not a Teams issue only. Any screen sharing web app I tested (teams, meet, zoom) stopped working.
I'm on Ubuntu 20.04
Edge version 131.0.2903.70 (Official build) (64-bit)
It is more than just a Teams problem. Running Ubuntu 24.04, I tested screen sharing with Teams, Google-Meet, and Zoom. None of these in-browser apps can can share screen using Edge 131.x. They all work fine by rolling back to Edge 130.x. All of these apps work with fine within Chrome and Firefox.
Hello,
I have the same exact issue on X11 running on Arch. It used to work as expected before today update.
Wayland is not even installed in my system.
Same exact behavior as mentioned by Ondrej, so I do not think in a ubuntu issue but a more general one.