Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
After raising a support ticket with Microsoft, I was told the following.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm writing to report an issue with screen sharing in Microsoft Teams after updating Microsoft Edge to version 131.0.2903.48 (Official build) (64-bit) this morning (18/11/2024).
The Problem:
When attempting to share my screen in Microsoft Teams through the Edge browser, I can only share the browser window itself. Sharing the entire screen or specific applications is not possible.
Additionally, clicking "Share Screen" causes my camera to turn off with an error message stating "Your video isn't working. We couldn't access your camera."
This issue occurs in both the Microsoft Teams web app within Edge and the standalone Teams desktop application (if available on your platform).
Troubleshooting Attempts:
I have verified that screen sharing works flawlessly in Google Chrome on the same system.
A colleague using Ubuntu 24.04 is experiencing the same problem, suggesting the issue is not specific to Ubuntu 22.04.
Possible Cause:
This issue may be related to the recent Edge update or potential compatibility issues with Ubuntu.
Request:
I would appreciate it if you could investigate this issue and provide a possible solution or workaround. Additionally, please consider escalating this issue to the appropriate team if necessary.
Displaying your screen content to others during a Teams meeting or call for collaboration
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
To make it work again, step back to a former version:
sudo apt install microsoft-edge-stable=130.0.2849.80-1
Tested successfully on Ubuntu 22.04 / X11.
We are seeing the same in our Ubuntu Fleet starting with these updates.
Version 131.0.2903.51 and 48 (Official build) (64-bit) on Ubuntu 22.04.5, when sharing results in a Popup stating, "Your Video Isn't working We couldn't access your camera"
Rolling back to Version 130.0.2849.80 (Official build) (64-bit) restores screen sharing to normal.
Workarounds: Chrome, Firefox, and Brave have all been tested, and sharing is working with them under Ubuntu.
@Ondrej Prochazka1 - thanks for reporting this; I was going crazy! It would be good to update the title from Mycrosoft to Microsoft to get more visibility.
I have same problem. I have found that the problem is not just with Teams, but with screen sharing in general.
Sharing has worked properly until today. Today, after updating the Edge browser, on Linux, it no longer works.
I tested via: https://www.webrtc-experiment.com/Pluginfree-Screen-Sharing/ , not working too.
In browsers other than microsoft edge, it works.
Ubuntu version: 24.04 LTS
Edge version: 131.0.2903.51 (Official build) (64-bit)
Confirmed, Teams PWA screen share not working on Debian 12 stable. In fact, it is severely limited. Can only share a window. And this window must be an Edge browser. Thanks to previous commenters for the workaround. Revert to previous stable version of Edge fixes the issue.
sudo apt install microsoft-edge-stable=130.0.2849.80-1
sudo apt-mark hold microsoft-edge-stable
sudo apt-mark unhold microsoft-edge-stable