Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Users mic not working'but can hear his counterpart
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello community,
we are currently rolling out Win 11 (Enterprise 22H2) for our users and more and more are starting to complain about audio problems since the upgrade to Win 11.
For the most part we use Jabra Evolve 65 and 75 headsets, which are certified for Teams (they worked fine with Teams and Win 10).
Reported issues (happening in meetings and calls):
There are no audio issues with other apps like phone app or when watching a video.
We updated audio drivers, updated firmware of the audio devices. Cleared Teams cache, reinstalled Teams, made sure its running the current version. Checked windows audio settings (sometimes people manage to connect the headset via usb dongle and directly to laptops bluetooh at the same time, which can cause problems). We also asked the users to connect their headset with the usb cable instead of the dongle. Nothing helped.
I had one user working with Teams in the browser for a few days and he didnt report any problems there. So maybe its a Teams client issue?
If anyone has an idea for me on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it, since Win 11 rollout is still going on and more and more users will be affected by this. Which I am not looking forward too :)
Managing sound and video settings during Teams meetings and calls for optimal communication
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Users mic not working'but can hear his counterpart
Same problem with different headsets and connections. USB Javra Evolve 20 and even Xbox Wireless Headset are showing this behaviour.
Could make it work for some seconds if you open the mixer audio settings but is goes away randomly short after.
As Windows 10 enters its last year of standard support, I have begun a push to Windows 11 for our workstations. Upgrading them in the wild seems to produce this issue at a rate of almost 50% across many chipsets, and headset hardware types. I am really hoping for a solution on this soon.
Same issue here. I was "upgraded" to Windows 11 and now the headset is not working properly. The microfone is fine. However, the speakers are so quiet that I can barely hear my counterpart. Only when I turn up the volume to 100%, I can hear a bit more.
It would be great if this issue can be solved in the near future.
We have this exact issue as well, but we found out that using teams on your browser is working perfectly fine. Our hunch is the app version of teams is having issue with what audio device to use since it is not showing any signs of access under the privacy settings.