How to fix audio issues in MS Teams after upgrade to Win 11

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-01T12:42:04+00:00

Hello community,

we are currently rolling out Win 11 (Enterprise 22H2) for our users and more and more are starting to complain about audio problems since the upgrade to Win 11.

For the most part we use Jabra Evolve 65 and 75 headsets, which are certified for Teams (they worked fine with Teams and Win 10).

Reported issues (happening in meetings and calls):

  • Users mic working, but cant hear his counterpart.
  • Users mic not working, but can hear his counterpart.
  • No audio at all, sometimes right from the start of the call, sometimes cuts out during the call. User gets a notification that there is an issue with his audio device.
  • Audio works fine but after x minutes, the call is dropped and user has restart his PC to get audio working again.

There are no audio issues with other apps like phone app or when watching a video.

We updated audio drivers, updated firmware of the audio devices. Cleared Teams cache, reinstalled Teams, made sure its running the current version. Checked windows audio settings (sometimes people manage to connect the headset via usb dongle and directly to laptops bluetooh at the same time, which can cause problems). We also asked the users to connect their headset with the usb cable instead of the dongle. Nothing helped.

I had one user working with Teams in the browser for a few days and he didnt report any problems there. So maybe its a Teams client issue?

If anyone has an idea for me on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it, since Win 11 rollout is still going on and more and more users will be affected by this. Which I am not looking forward too :)

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T14:23:48+00:00

    Hello,

    did anyone resolve this issue? I'm facing it on my Jabra the day after Win11 was installed on my laptop. Mic works but I can't hear anyone on Teams call. Other sounds (youtube, pc sounds) are fine.

    Really frustrating.

    Marcin

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-16T11:31:23+00:00

    Failed again in the first day!. Really annoying ! Hello MS , someone need to chech this....

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T14:43:44+00:00

    Same behavior using the "New TEAMS" ..just after half day of utilization it crashed.

    I am now testing a new strategy:

    • Factory reset
    • Windows 11 PRO (native in English, previous was Brazilian Portuguese + Language Pack)
    • Office 365 installation using the Office.com portal for download (also in English)
    • Windows Insider Program actived with Beta Channel

    Trying this way just to create a different scenario, as the installation image is different and with Insider Program there are some additional Windows package/update available.

    I will update this post after 2 days of utilization, so far is working ! Good signal. , I am going crazy with that situation so far because is a brand new expensive PC and an excellent headset....

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-11T14:17:31+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue. Headset works fine with everything except teams. Sometimes the mic doesn't work, and sometimes it works for a couple of minutes and then sound starts to get robotic and crashes... Really annoying for an expensive headset that is made for Teams.

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-10T18:17:16+00:00

    I am also experiencing these issues randomly. I can be in a call on the teams client, Jabra evolve 65, works fine in a call, next call, microfone stops working. The popup of ms teams says: microphone is not working. So then I switch to different input device. Very annoying.

    I tried a few times disabling Bluetooth and connecting with the cable, but then the headset is making robotic voices of other people speaking and my microphone stops working as well.

    This whole thing is so annoying and makes other people feel like, what are you messing around, but I cannot do anything about this.

    0 comments No comments