How to fix audio issues in MS Teams after upgrade to Win 11

Reported
Anonymous
2023-06-01T12:42:04+00:00

Hello community,

we are currently rolling out Win 11 (Enterprise 22H2) for our users and more and more are starting to complain about audio problems since the upgrade to Win 11.

For the most part we use Jabra Evolve 65 and 75 headsets, which are certified for Teams (they worked fine with Teams and Win 10).

Reported issues (happening in meetings and calls):

  • Users mic working, but cant hear his counterpart.
  • Users mic not working, but can hear his counterpart.
  • No audio at all, sometimes right from the start of the call, sometimes cuts out during the call. User gets a notification that there is an issue with his audio device.
  • Audio works fine but after x minutes, the call is dropped and user has restart his PC to get audio working again.

There are no audio issues with other apps like phone app or when watching a video.

We updated audio drivers, updated firmware of the audio devices. Cleared Teams cache, reinstalled Teams, made sure its running the current version. Checked windows audio settings (sometimes people manage to connect the headset via usb dongle and directly to laptops bluetooh at the same time, which can cause problems). We also asked the users to connect their headset with the usb cable instead of the dongle. Nothing helped.

I had one user working with Teams in the browser for a few days and he didnt report any problems there. So maybe its a Teams client issue?

If anyone has an idea for me on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it, since Win 11 rollout is still going on and more and more users will be affected by this. Which I am not looking forward too :)

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T18:59:10+00:00

    What he simply said is that he replaced his headset from the brand MPOW with a headset from the brand TECKNET. And it worked for him.

    So not a solution you are looking for, I assume.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-27T15:12:52+00:00

    Could you expand a bit further, for those of us not as computer literate? I am facing the same problem. I can hear Teams call and hangup tones, and even "Call Ended" but once in a meeting, I hear nothing. Bose noise canceling headphones. Just got forced into Windows 11 two days ago. All other uses of the Bluetooth headphones work seamlessly. Not a driver issue, as I can hear radio stations, I can hear my cell phone, etc. It's strictly a Teams w/ Windows 11 problem.

    You resolved your issue but I don't know what those words mean, or how to fix mine, like yours. Are you able to help? Thank you!

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-03T14:17:11+00:00

    We have a lot of problems with Bluetooth headsets after the latest Windows updates from last week. The microphones just stopped working and the only workaround is to attach a cable and use the headset as an USB device. Disconnecting and reconnecting the headset with Bluetooth doesn't do anything.  

    we have found a solution for us that can help here too:

    1. disconnect the headset

    2. View and delete hidden audio devices in Device Manager

    1.  delete audio devices in the registry: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Capture
    2. If the audio device is now plugged in again, it will be recognized as a new device and will work again
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-07T11:31:07+00:00

    Similar issue here - except that I am using the wired and not the blue tooth device.

    I hear the audio with a bunch of distortion - but I only got my headset mic to work if setting the device to microsoft array. however audio is very low.

    Everything worked great with Win10

    0 comments No comments